2013년 1월 21일 월요일

Reflection#2. Concept map for personal politics: who exercises power over me and to whom do I exercise power?



     The chart indicates the power relation around me. Those who mostly exercise power over me were my parents. They exercise direct power over me and I respect and accept their control and power. The decisions that have been made by my parents were mostly followed. My aunts and uncles do not have direct access to exercise their power over me. On the contrary, their indirect control and exercise of power through my parents also affect me and I also follow their advice and decisions. The only family member that I have considered as having similar position was my older sister. Even though she is older than me, we have almost equal range of power toward one another. I sometimes accept the power over me from my sister but I sometimes deny it. That's the reason why several quarrel occur between me and my sister.
     Friends and vice president in my informal club were also had similar influence with one another. Most of us have similar influence and power over one another. The members of the informal group, on the other hand, have no power over me rather only accept my decision through which my power has been exercised. At all times, the members accept my decision and advice. Moreover, they have never questioned my influence over them. The last but not the least group was my subordinate during my military service. At all times, my subordinates accepted all of my decisions and blindly followed my command. Furthermore, this kind of incident also happens through the whole chain of command.
     From this activity that I have made, I was able to indicate those people who have exercised the power over me and to whom I am exercising power. By indicating this fact, I could find out that how chain of command is created in our daily lives and how our decision is affected by other people. Moreover, the activity allowed me to reconsider that we, human beings, are political animals and the society is existing to allow us to express our instincts, exercising power.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기